Our goals are:
- To provide our members and their families with residential accommodation at a reasonable cost in a co-operative environment.
- To refurbish and maintain the common areas of the buildings as well as the individual units, in order to provide a safe, healthy and positive living environment for the members.
- To grant membership and occupancy rights without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, handicap, or the receipt of public assistance.
- To treat all members as equals by uniformly extending the same benefits, rights, privileges and courtesies to each and every member.
- To ensure that all members understand their rights within the co-operative as well as the co-operative’s obligations to them as members.
- To ensure that all members are given the opportunity to express freely their opinions, concerns, questions and beliefs without fear of discrimination, ridicule and/or reprisal.
- To ensure that our members are provided with accurate and objective information, that can be easily understood, when they are required to approve, amend or consider any facet of the co-operative’s operation.
- To ensure our members are given the opportunity to review and approve all policies, procedures, rules and/or regulations which define and/or restrain their rights, benefits and/or privileges.
- To interpret and apply this mission statement in its broadest possible context, to ensure that the rights of our members and their ability to democratically control their co-operative are not infringed.